Your smartphone is a part of you. Even, and especially, when you're out and about. Whether it's a motorbike you ride or a scooter. It is a handy little helper when you don't just want to know where your journey will take you, but what you will come across on the way. Like, where is the next market? Does the pizzeria on the left have good reviews? And what's that strange building up ahead? Your smartphone has the answer. And so do you. Take your smartphone along with you like always.
Don't miss out on a single thing.
The practical smartphone cradle makes riding even more exciting and comfortable: sat nav, source of information and charger rolled into one. Thanks to the anti-glare display panel and the optimal field of view, you never lose sight of your phone. So you know exactly where you're going. When you take a break, you can use your smartphone as normal. Placed in a robust hard-case plastic housing, your smartphone can't slip and is protected against vibrations and impact. What's more, rain can't get in. You don't have to worry about your battery running out either because your phone is charged while you ride, either by means of a cable or wirelessly. So you have all the freedom in the world. After all, freedom and fun have always belonged together.
The smartphone cradle is easily attached using the holder for the BMW Motorrad navigation system – an original BMW Motorrad accessory, not included.
- Scope of Delivery
- Additional Information
- Robust smartphone holder with vibration damping and charging facility
- Hard plastic case, resistant to dust and waterproof (IP67) with viewing window made of low-reflection flexible film
- Smartphone screen remains visible and can be operated easily, in optimal view of the rider
- Cradle moves 90 degrees and can be adjusted for landscape and portrait formats
- Charge your smartphone either via micro USB or wirelessly using the Qi standard
- Visual display of current charge state (wireless charging)
- Power supply via the motorcycle's standard OA connector
- Anti-slip, anti-vibration, thermally conductive elastomer base
- Display size up to 5", length and width of stowage area can be adjusted via rubber adapters, up to 14.3 cm in length, up to 7.3 cm in width, up to a height of 1.1 cm
- Outer dimensions: approximately 18x12x5 cm
- Weight: 356 g
- Fits all vehicle-specific holders for BMW Motorrad Navigator
- Simple installation
- Smartphone cradle
- Rubber adapters, 8 pieces, 3 different lengths, for individual adaptation of the stowage area, ensures optimal positioning for various smartphone sizes
- Fastener screws, 4 pieces
- Operating instructions
Hardware (dimensions, weight, performance).
- Operating temperature -10°C to +60°C
- Charging capacity (Lithium-ion-battery): 0°C to 35°C for micro-USB and Qi standard
- Storage temperature -30°C to +80°C
- Standby current (not charging): 40 mA
- Maximum charge current: 1.2 A (micro-USB), 800 mA (Qi standard)
What exactly is Qi?
- Qi (the Chinese word for vitality) is a Wireless Power Consortium standard for wireless energy transfer over short distances using electromagnetic induction
- Qi-compatible devices can therefore be charged wirelessly without any need to attach a charging cable. Charging starts automatically when the phone is placed on the Qi cradle/station
- Charging time is only slightly longer than with conventional cable-based charging
Power is supplied to the smartphone cradle via the motorcycle's OA connector
- The smartphone cradle is equipped with a Y-cable with 2 connectors, enabling connection to the standard OA connector while still leaving another OA connector for additional accessories (e.g. BMW Motorrad Navigator V)