All new BMW bikes benefit from Roadside Assistance cover in the first three years of ownership to offer you peace of mind for any of those unforeseen events. All approved used BMW bikes come with a minimum 24 months Roadside Assistance cover. Our experienced multilingual staff are on hand to help provide 24 hour support, 365 days a year in the event you require assistance. They’ll look to help you on the phone in the first instance to try and get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
We’ll arrange assistance when a bike is immobilised. ‘Immobilised’ means an electrical or mechanical breakdown, punctures, road traffic accident, lost keys, misfuelling, damage or destruction by fire, theft or vandalism.
TOLL FREE: 1-800-269-4269
Should you require assistance following an accident, vehicle breakdown, fire or theft, please call BMW MOTORRAD Roadside Assistance.
WHO IS ELIGABLE
You are covered if your vehicle is:
A new BMW motorcycle or scooter purchased at an authorized BMW Motorrad Retailer in Canada.
New BMW motorcycles and scooters — Roadside Assistance is provided for 3 years from the original in-service date /unlimited kilometers.
For your convenience, a decal showing Roadside Assistance information has been affixed under the rider or pillion seat. The phone number is also pre-loaded in the BMW Motorrad Navigator GPS within the ”Where am I?” page that is accessible by tapping on the rider icon on the map.
CONDITIONS AND SERVICES
CONDITIONS AND SERVICES
In the event of a breakdown, qualified specialists will help you quickly and professionally. It is essential that you provide detailed and accurate information to the specialist. Please be prepared to provide:
- Rider’s first and last name.
- Complete 17 digit Vehicle Identification Number (found in your registration, insurance card or on the motorcycle or scooter head stock tube or frame).
- Model information.
- Location information (physical address or Lat-Long from a smart phone or BMW Navigator GPS).
- A call-back telephone number where you can be reached if disconnected.
- A description of your motorcycle or scooter’s problem. (Specific and accurate information will enable the Roadside Assistance specialist to provide the proper help).
- Your preferred BMW Motorrad Retailer if transportation is required.
On-site service for disablements, such as flat tire, dead batteries and out of fuel conditions is provided. For fuel deliveries, up to 7 liters of premium gasoline are provided at no cost. Fuel delivery service is limited to 2 events per year.
In the event of a breakdown where on-site assistance would not result in restored mobility, or in the event of a damaged/flat tire or accident your motorcycle will be transported by a qualified motorcycle tower (at no cost) to the nearest authorized BMW Motorrad Retailer. However, you may request (at additional no cost) to be taken to your preferred authorized BMW Motorrad Retailer as long as it is within 80 kilometers or less of the “nearest” authorized BMW Motorrad Retailer. Any additional charge to go beyond these distance limits will be your responsibility. Towing requests for motorcycles or scooters disabled because of casualty, fire, Act of God, or violation of law (federal, provincial, or local) will be at the sole expense of the owner/rider.
If it is necessary for you to have your motorcycle or scooter transported through your own arrangements you must have already contacted BMW Roadside Assistance prior and obtained a case number. Claim reimbursement must be directed to the roadside assistance provider. Further details can be found in your BMW Motorrad Warranty booklet. All claims must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the disablement or occurrence and accompanied by the original receipts and qualified repair order from an authorized BMW Motorrad Retailer. Claims received after that time period may not be honored and are subject to the full discretion of BMW Motorrad Roadside Assistance.
If a mechanical breakdown occurs after normal business hours and is transported to a BMW Motorrad Retailer that does not have an after-hours drop process, your motorcycle or scooter will be taken to a secure storage location over-night and delivered to the selected BMW Motorrad Retailer on the next business day. Storage fees incurred if towing is for tire or accident related incidents will be at the sole expense of the owner/rider.
If towing is required onward mobility utilizing ride share services (e.g. Lyft/Uber, etc.) may be requested from the Roadside Assistance Specialist to pick up a rider (and pillion passenger) from the disablement point to travel back home, hotel, work, school, BMW Motorrad Retailer, etc. A maximum trip distance of 80 kilometers is allowed and covered under the program. Additional distance and resulting costs are at the sole expensive of the owner/rider.
Specifically excluded from coverage are:
- Fines, taxes, impound, storage or towing fees incurred due to violation of local or provincial law or movement of the motorcycle or scooter by law enforcement.
- Towing to a repair facility that is not an authorized BMW Motorrad Retailer.
- Jump starts for dead battery where the motorcycle or scooter has been stored for longer than 3 months without maintaining the battery with a BMW approved battery charger.
- Expenses related to adverse weather conditions including, but not limited to, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes (removal from water, snow, ice, etc.)